Wings’ homestead, 170 acres of preserved bushland and the surrounding Barossa valley and ranges have something for everyone.
- Native Wildlife at Wings – kangaroos, koalas, echidnas, lizards and over 50 species of birds
- Beautiful Natural Bushland – Wings’ 170 acres are covered with kilometres of mown and marked walking tracks
- Local Reserves
- BYO Horses – we have specially built yards and trails for you to spend time with your horses
- Enjoy the Homestead – sleep in, enjoy a cooked breakfast, socialise or relax, play a game of table tennis at the tractor shed
- Explore the Barossa region – regarded as one of the most picturesque wine regions in Australia
A Typical Stay at Wings Bird & Bush Retreat
After an enchanting drive from Adelaide through a chain of landmark hamlets and villages scattered in the rolling scenic countryside of the Adelaide Hills, relax on one of the leather lounges and enjoy some of the local produce purchased on your trip.
Upon awakening the next day, you slowly opening the curtains to discover rosellas, rabbits, wrens, finches and choughs grazing together below the window.
Choose a trail from one of the kilometres of well marked trails (most mown) and explore your own conservation park, taking time to pause and allow Wings to reveal its secrets to you each new grassy glade or quiet valley. (Sit quietly, the wildlife will come to you). Grebes, ducks, herons, plovers, cormorants, kingfishers and others frequent the lake, while in the early morning and early evenings families of Kangaroos come to drink and graze.
Late afternoon by wandering down to the large tractor shed you may be tempted to a game of table tennis or darts, or enjoy a cool drink under the huge veranda. Wander further down towards the shearing shed and you are sure to come across families of Kangaroos grazing on the more open meadows.